Only The Song Survives [Box Set]
- Leatherette Record Carrying Case
- Suede Inlay with Collar
- 11 Titles / 15 LPs on 180g vinyl
- 48-page autographed booklet
Only The Song Survives is the definitive collection of John Hiatt’s musical output spanning two decades of releases on New West Records. The vast box set includes eleven albums, spread across fifteen long play records, all pressed on high quality 180g vinyl. Four releases - Crossing Muddy Waters (2000), The Tiki Bar Is Open (2001), Beneath This Gruff Exterior (2003) and Master Of Disaster (2005) - have been remastered for vinyl and pressed on wax for the very first time. The box set's 48-page book is autographed by John Hiatt and features rare photos, testimonials, essays and insights from many of Hiatt’s co-conspirators throughout his career - from Ry Cooder, Steve Earle, Sonny Landreth, Patterson Hood, Luther Dickinson, Rodney Crowell, James McMurtry and more.
What Is The Box?
It's a portable record suitcase that houses all the records and the autographed book, complete with buckle, handle, and gold foil stamping.
- 11 albums, spread across 15 LPs, all pressed on 180g vinyl
- 4 records are included that are pressed on vinyl for the very first time worldwide: Crossing Muddy Waters, The Tiki Bar Is Open, Beneath This Gruff Exterior, and Master Of Disaster
- A 48-page book featuring photos by Jack Spencer, David McClister, Michael Wilson, Jim McGuire and C. Taylor Crothers and written contributions from Ry Cooder, Steve Earle, Rodney Crowell, Patterson Hood, Sonny Landreth, James McMurtry, Luther Dickinson, David Immerglück and more.
- Crossing Muddy Waters (2000)*
- The Tiki Bar Is Open (2001)*
- Beneath This Gruff Exterior (2003)*
- Master Of Disaster (2005)*
- Live From Austin, TX (2005)
- Same Old Man (2008)
- The Open Road (2010)
- Dirty Jeans And Mudslide Hymns (2011)
- Mystic Pinball (2012)
- Terms Of My Surrender (2014)
- The Eclipse Sessions (2018)
*First time ever on vinyl